Our Core Beliefs
What does Faith Christian Fellowship Believe?
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God. (2 Tim. 3:16)
- There is one true and living God existing in three persons, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (Matt. 28:19)
- We were created in the image of God, man sinned and separated himself from God. God sent Jesus to restore fellowship back with God. (Rom. 5:12, 18)
- Jesus is the perfect Son of God, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, He took all our sins upon Himself, died and rose again. Today He is seated at the right hand of the Father. Salvation is the gift of God to man, this gift is received by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. (Eph. 2:8)
- Sanctification is a life separated from the world unto God (2 Cor. 6:14)
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is a gift for all believers who will receive. (Acts 2:1-4)
- Every child of God is filled with the power of the Holy Spirit—who gives freely spiritual gifts to those who seek it. (Romans 12, Ephesians 4, 1 Corinthians 12–13)
- It is God's will to heal and restore every part of out lives: Spirit, Soul and Body. (1 Peter 2:24; 3 John 2)
- Jesus will return, all those who believe in Him will live eternally with Him. Those who do not accept Christ will be forever separated from Him. (John 3:16; 2 Thess. 1:9).
Who We Are
The Church's History
Faith Christian Fellowship (FCF) was started under the the umbrella of the Southeast Mennonite Conference. The Church was founded by Omer and Margaret Schrock who moved into the the Lake County area from Authur, IL. Then known as Trinity Chapel, the first service was held at the home of Kevin and Gloria Burkholder on June 7, 1981. The Pastor was David Kniss from Arcadia, FL. There were seven who attended.
On April 11, 1982, Easter Sunday, we moved into the old YMCA on Grove Street in Eustis, FL. We had fellowship meals, youth rallies, retreats, sent kids to summer camps, rib dinner cookouts, and softball teams! We even had a Galilean service at Lake Eustis where Pastor David Kniss preached from a boat! In 1984, we had a weekend of inspirational spirit filled revival meetings called "Outreach of Love".
In 1986, under the leadership of Pastor Fran Overholt, we joined the Conservative Mennonite Conference (CMC). On December 14, 1986, we held the ground breaking ceremony for the new church building on Dora Ave in Tavares. The land was donated by Omer Schrock for the continued growth of the church - were we are to this day.
In 1998, Pastor Brian and Sharla Hershberger began leading the church. It was also the year our founder, Omer Schrock passed away. Dave Spangler, our associate pastor, became an elder. We had a large youth program that raised money to go on mission trips aboard. We bought a bus, and brought kids for a mid-week youth club. We had a large Christmas Banquet with dinner and a Christmas play that ran for three nights! Pastor Brian Hersberger was called to a church in Ohio, and Pastor Jon and Tonya Yutzy became pastor. In 2009 we left CMC to join Harvest Preparation International. In 2014, the church name was changed from Trinity Chapel to Faith Christian Fellowship.
In January 2017, we merged with Legacy Church which was meeting in Lake Square Mall. Pastor Buddy Walker lead Legacy Church. We rejoined CMC; Buddy and Kim Walker became pastor, with Pastor Brian Hersberger as overseer. Throughout the years, FCF focus has been to be part of a community outreach and to spread the Word of our Lord.